Senam Aerobic Low Impact Dapat Meningkatkan Keseimbangan Dinamis Pada Lansia di Siwa Plaza Kota Denpasar
Background: Balance is an important part of a person's physical fitness that is needed until the end of life and is very influential in everyday activities. The balance of the elderly will slowly decrease the function, either anatomically or physiologically, which will be followed by a morphological decrease in the muscle causing muscle functional changes, ie decreased strength and muscle contraction, decreased elasticity and muscle flexibility, decreased propioceptive function and speed, vestibular, visual, somatosensoris so that it can disturb the elderly dynamic balance and the risk of falling larger. Efforts to improve dynamic balance and reduce the risk of falling with physical exercise in the form of low impact gymnastics. Objective: The purpose of this study is to prove the effectiveness of low impact aerobic gymnastics in improving the dynamic balance in the elderly. Method: This study used quasi experimental method with one group research approach pre and post test design lasted for 4 weeks with frequency 3 times a week. The study sample amounted to 14 people who were given low impact aerobic gymnastics program. Dynamic balance measurement using Balance Berg Scale is measured before or after the training program on each subject. Result: showing the increase of dynamic balance equal to 55,14 ± 1,231 with result of test of wilcoxon got value p = 0,001. Conclusion: Low impact aerobic exercise can improve the dynamic balance of the elderly.
2. Maryam SR, Ekasari MF, Rosidawati, Jubaedi A, Batubara I .2008. Mengenal Usia Lanjut dan Perawatannya. Jakarta: Salemba Medika. p: 32.
3. Nitz, J.C, Choy N.L., 2004. The Efficacy Of A Specific Balance-Strategy Training Programme For Preventing Falls Among Older People: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Age Ageing 33, pp.52–58.
4. Batson, G., 2009. Update on Proprioception Considerations for Dance Education. Journal of Dance Medicine and Science., 13(2).
5. Peraturan Perundang-undangan: Keputusan Mentri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia, Nomor 778/MENKES/SK/V111/200, Tentang Pedoman Fisioterapi di Sarana Kesehatan.2008. [Online] available at http://ifi.or.id/post/61/Keputusan-Mentri.html [cited 9 Desember 2016].
6. Budiharjo, S., Romi, M.M., Prakosa, D. 2005. “Pengaruh Senam Aerobik Low Impact Intensitas Sedang Terhadap Kelenturan Badan Pada Wanita Lanjut Usia Tidak Terlatih”. Yogyakarta.Berkala Ilmu Kedokteran, vol 37.
7. Barnedh, H. Sitorus, F., Ali, W. 2006. Penilaian Keseimbangan Menggunakan Skala Keseimbangan Berg pada Lansia di Kelompok Lansia Puskesmas Tebet. FK UI: Jakarta.
8. Bhurton H. 2012. Obesity As A Predictor Of Falls Among Older Women. Tesis. University of Jyväskylä.
9. Sihvonen, Sanna. 2004. Postural Balnace and aging: cross-sectional comparative studies and a balance training intervention. University of Jyvaskyla, Faculty of sport ang health science.
10. Lord, S.R., Sherrington, C., Menz, H.B & Close,J.CT. 2007. Falls in older people. New York: Cambridge University Press.
11. Suhartono. 2005. Panduan Gerontologi Tinjauan Dari berbagai Aspek. cetakan ke-2. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka.
12. Saladin, K .2011. Anatomy and physiology the unity of form and function. 5th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Companies. p. 513-561.
13. Chang, Y.W. 2009. Postural Responses in Various Bases of Support and Visual. [cited 2016 September 5]. Available from: URL:http://visual/postural--respon--BOS/com.
14. Streepey, J.W. 2007.Field Of View And Base Of Support Width Influence Postural Responses To Visual Stimuli During Quiet Stance. Chicago: Science Direct
15. Thomas, M. 2012. The Effect Of Different Movement Exercises On Cognitive And Motor Abilities. Scires. Available from: URL:http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=24912. [cited 5 September 2016].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.